This year has gotten off to quite in interesting start with the COVID-19 pandemic. Cancellation of school, weddings, sports, and even the Olympics makes for challenging times. While these times have certainly been difficult, I like to think that they have also brought out the best in people. We continue to look for ways to support the residents of Phoenixville and our local economy. This will certainly have a financial impact on many of the local businesses. It has also caused some of us to review our personal finances and find ways to save some money when possible. Here is a list of things that can be done to save money on your auto policy…
- Electronic Funds Transfer: EFT payments don’t carry a $5.00 or $7.00 a month installment fee when billed by mail.
- Recurring Credit Card: Most companies offer a discount for placing your auto policy on recurring credit card payments.
- Paperless Document Delivery: Some companies, like Progressive, are providing small discounts for paperless delivery. Not to mention it is more eco-friendly.
- Paid in Full: Our companies offer anywhere from 5% to 15% discount for paying your auto policy in full. If you can take advantage of this, it is the easiest way to save.
- Multi-Policy Discount: Let us provide your homeowners, condo, or renters insurance. Every company provides a multi-policy discount for insuring your home and auto together.
- Defensive Driving: If you are 55 or older, you can take a defensive driving course for a 5% discount on your auto policy.
- Telematics Programs: Think you’re a safe driver? Insurance companies offer discounts for safe drivers through smartphone apps that track driving habits. Your discount is based off of your driving performance.
- Review Collision and Other than Collision Deductibles: Increasing deductibles is an easy way to reduce your auto premium.
While you may be taking advantage of some of these discounts already, they are all great options to save some money. If you would like to setup Recurring Credit Card payments or Electronic Funds Transfer, or if you would like to discuss any of these money saving options, please give us a call.