Contact Us for a Free Motorcycle Insurance Quote

Motorcycle Coverages

This coverage applies to injuries that you, the driver or policyholder, cause to someone else.

It’s very important to have enough bodily injury liability insurance coverage. If you are involved in a serious accident, it is possible that you may be sued for a large sum of money. Your liability coverage limits would be available to you to cover those expenses. You should definitely consider buying more than the state-required minimum to better protect assets such as your home and savings. We are here to discuss what fits your needs and budget best.

This coverage pays for damage you (or someone driving the car with your permission) may cause to someone else’s property. Usually, this means damage to someone else’s car, but it also includes damage to lamp posts, telephone poles, fences, buildings, or other structures your car may hit.

Uninsured Motorist coverage will reimburse you, a member of your family, or a designated driver if one of you is hit by an uninsured or hit-and-run driver.

Underinsured Motorist coverage comes pays when an at-fault driver has insufficient insurance to pay for your loss. This coverage will also protect you if you are hit as a pedestrian.

Your hospitalization coverage provides protection in the event of an accident where you are injured.


This coverage pays for damage to your motorcycle resulting from a collision with another vehicle or object. It also covers damage caused by potholes. Collision coverage is generally sold with a deductible of $250 to $1,000—the higher your deductible, the lower your premium will be. Even if you are at fault for the accident, your collision coverage will reimburse you for the costs of repairing your motorcycle, minus the deductible. If you’re not at fault, your insurance company may try to recover the amount they paid from the other driver’s insurance company. If they are successful, you’ll also be reimbursed for the deductible.

Other Than Collision (Comprehensive)

This coverage reimburses you for loss due to theft or damage caused by something other than a collision with another vehicle or object. This includes, but is not limited to fire, falling objects, explosion, earthquake, windstorm, hail, flood, vandalism, riot, or contact with animals such as deer.

Comprehensive insurance is usually sold with a $100 to $500 deductible, though you may want to opt for a higher deductible as a way of lowering your premium.

States do not require that you purchase collision or comprehensive coverage, but if you have a loan, your lender may insist you maintain these coverages until your loan is paid off.